In this materialistic world, with an intention to create a mind devoted to mankind, sincere love and unity,
chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasra Namam, a Sanskrit namavali from the ancient Brahmanda Purana, forms an integral part.
It is natural that, we mankind has to face many obstacles and set backs in our life. However, it is our will to conquer them
makes us successful in our endeavors. We should have the Belief, Confidence and Determination to try for this. Some cases
these qualities are in-born. But for many these are developed. A useful and beneficial method to develop this is by seeking
solace in God by chanting prayers knowing their meanings. It will give the most advantageous benefits if one chants keerthans
and namavalis with their meanings in mind. He/She will be able to express more and get closer to God.
May I with the blessings of Goddess Sree Lalithambika (otherwise called as Durga ma, Kali ma, Lakshmi, Saraswati, Bhagavathi,
etc, etc) list some of the benefits of regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasranamavali.
* This is the most favored form of prayer to Goddess Lalithambika and it is also very secret and powerful than any other forms
of Tantra or Mantra.
* Regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasranama is as beneficial as visiting religious places, taking bath in a holy river,
offering food, offering materials. It is an indirect blessing to those who cannot do these kind of offerings to God.
* Regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasranama will ward off the evil from uncompleted pooja vidhis or rituals etc. It will
also form a way of penance.
* Regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasranama will ward off premature death, will provide a long and contended healthy life.
Fever can be cured by religiously chanting Sree Lalitha Sahasranamam by touching on a persons forehead. The number of times
you chant the more benefit you are likely to get. The vibhuti used for Sree Lalitha Sahasranama archana can be applied then
on the forehead, which will give much relief to fever and headache.
* It is said that if one chants religiously Sree Lalitha Sahasra Namam keeping a glass of water (or in a vessel) in front
and then pours it over the head, all sorts of troubles related to once planetary positions and from evil spirits will be warded
* It is said that if a person chants Sree Lalitha Sahasranama keeping in mind a picture of Sree Lalitha Devi situated in the
divine ocean which contains `Amrut' , he will be cured from any kind of disease related to poison.
* It is said that if a person consumes ghee, which is kept while chanting Sree Lalitha Sahasra namam, he will be cured of
impotency and will have children.
* Regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasra namam will ward off any kind of evil deeds or rituals (black magic) aimed at the
person who chants the namam. The power derived from the chanting supersedes all other forms of prayers and the person will
no more require to consult astrologers or any sorts of occultists. He will have tremendous self confidence in himself.
* Through the regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasra namam, the atmosphere will be purified. Each nerve in our body will
be invigorated and subtle energies will be awakened in the person.
* Sree Lalitha Devi will protect a person who regularly chants Sree Lalitha Sahasra namam from accidents and from the attacks
of enemy and will make him victorious in all his good deeds.
* Regular chanting of Sree Lalitha Sahasra namam will make a person blessed with word power, fame, good will etc. Particular
importance should be given to chant Sree Lalitha Sahasra namam on Friday's which is very auspicious for the blessing of Devi.
* Sree Lalitha Sahasra namam is the form of prayer that any one and every one can chant at any time and every time. It does
not matter if one could not complete it. Because each of the namam in itself is powerful and will provide all sorts of benefits.
It depends on what you wish and how you go about it.
* It is said that chanting the name of Lord Siva once is as good as chanting the name of Mahavishnu a thousand times. And
chanting the name of Devi once is as good as chanting the name of Siva, a thousand times. And of which Sree Lalitha Sahasra
namam is the most important one to Sree Lalitha Devi herself.
* It is very beneficial if all members of the family unite and chants Sree Lalitha Sahasra namam once in a day in the evening
or whenever time permits. A family that prays together stays together. It will bring about unity, peacefulness, clear mind
to perform and by thus prosperity.
* In homes where Sree Lalitha Sahasra namam is chanted regularly there will never be any shortage of the basic necessities
of life. This is the reason why the ancient Gurus would instruct their desciples to chant Sree Lalitha Sahasra namam even
after initiating them into the mantras of other deities such as Lord Krishna, Lord Rama and other Gods and Goddesses.
* It is also to be noted that by religiously chanting Sree Lalitha Sahasra namavali, we are seeking the blessings of Sree
Lalithambika, who is also called Kalima, Durga ma, Devi, Parasakthi, Bhagavathi etc, who in turns is the universal mother.
And how can a mother ignore her children when they are in distress or duress or troubles of any sorts? So keep utmost faith
in her and start chanting.
* Each one of the namam by itself is a powerful weapon for many sorts of day-to-day problems. The importance and benefits
and related stories of each one of them will be listed successively in our page as per the wish of Sree Lalithambika.
Lalitha Sahasranamam can be chanted in many different ways. In Stotram form, all 1,000 namams are separated into stotrams
of a few namams each and recited in this way. In mantra form, each namam is said individually, preceded by "Aum" and followed
by "Namah". When chanted in mantra form, the endings of each namam are generally changed to "e" or "yai". Mantra form is
commonly used to recite Lalitha Sahasranamam during archana. In the homam form, homam is conducted by ending each namam with
Swaha: Homam is the most powerful form of offering and considered as the most revered solution for all problems of the man
Mata Amritanandamayi, has said the following of chanting Lalitha Sahasranamam:
"Children, if we can do archana of the thousand names of the Divine Mother daily with devotion, we will grow spiritually.
There will never be lack of life's essentials, food and clothing, in a family that chants the Lalita Sahasranama with devotion."